Sunday, June 8, 2008

it's oooooover

Waaaah! last AMS play over...cast party last night and now i have a wicked hangover so i'll do my best to tell you about this and the events that precedented it now:

at my school, they make a Very Big Deal out of the plays so we have traditions out the ass. all last week we had rehearsals, and the girls got the better dressing room (ie: the one with the soda machine) and they were fun because I wasn't really thinking about it all ending. and even though I was a dwarf and they used skin adhesive to make our beards stick to our faces and later they wouldn't come off, it was one of the best show's that i've done.

on Friday night the cast always goes bowling after the show. so we were at the bowling alley and we were waiting to get in because bowling is apparently quite popular nowadays, when my little friend K happened to casually mention something about her kind of having a boyfriend. This did not go over well with the stage manager. (note: our dear stage manager is something of an overprotective older brother figure, but he goes to college next year. waaaaah!) it was then he called the kid and started grilling him to make sure that he was "good enough" for K. He put the kid on speakerphone. it was hilarious.
he's done similar things to the guys my friends and i have gone out with.

Later once we finally got in, it was then decided that several of the most annoying members of the cast would completely consume the bowling alley's entire Red Bull supply. Pandemonium ensued, while me and my friends hid behind the benches (someone got a black eye from a flying bowling shoe. not pretty). once said annoying cast members were kicked out and my friend V had eaten all of my curly fries (note: your guesses are very, very, close), we escaped to the arcade, where we played DDR and air hockey. an intense DDR competition ensued between my friend A and the other stage mananger, R, who has a MAJOR crush on her. the competition got so intense that they left to "take a breather" and were not seen again for the rest of the night. hmmm....

so they kicked us out of the bowling alley at about 1 in the morning, and we didn't really want to go home, so we went to the park for a bit and hung out on the swings and talked about what we think high school will be like. eventually we all crashed at my friends house. and then the next day, we didn't get up until call time. the show went on and everyone cried during the finale because it was our last show. at the cast party, we all spiked our Diet Cokes and awards were given out. we all said our goodbyes. i didn't take my stage makeup off so i looked like a raccoon because i was crying.

if you've been in the show all 3 years, then they make you a collage with pics from your past shows. everyone signed eachother's collages and programs and mine is hanging on my wall right now :). the show for next year was announced. they're doing Annie. my little sister is SO freaking lucky.

well this is my goodbye to all of you AMS theater geeks. i will miss you all and you better come see me at SMHS, capiche?

2 comments:

Sister Libby said...

I tried to be a theater geek once. It didn't work.
But that sounds like a blast.

molly said...

oh man!! too bad about the camera, but im sooo happy you did the kayla hyne chant! awesome....
youre a champion